DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
The School District of Wisconsin Dells will graduate learners who have attained the knowledge and skills necessary to make a positive contribution to a changing world. The District will accomplish this mission by:
- Setting high expectations for students, staff, administration, Board, parents and community.
- Expecting consistent, high quality achievement from all students.
- Demonstrating accountability by documenting and analyzing all that we do.
- Providing an environment of honesty, trust, challenges, support and respect.
- Obtaining a commitment to our mission from students, staff, administration, Board, parents and community.
- Provide ongoing professional development activities that facilitates the development and implementation of high-quality classroom instruction, that includes units that are aligned with District learning targets, unit descriptions, benchmarks, key vocabulary, formative assessments, common summative assessments, instructional activities, resources, and a differentiation plan in Curriculum4Schools.
- Provide ongoing professional development that promotes the use of research-based "best practices," that results in high-quality differentiated classroom instruction, assessments, grading, and behavioral and academic interventions.
- Analyze student performance on state and local assessments, student behavior, school attendance, school climate and culture, and other pertinent data to establish annual goals and action plans, at each school, that are focused on improving student achievement and creating a healthy, safe, caring and respectful culture and climate in each school and throughout the District.
- Provide ongoing professional development and resources that will allow staff to integrate the meaningful use of technology in day-to-day classroom instruction for enhanced student learning and achievement
- Provide training for the integrated implementation of the career education model in grades 6-12 to enhance both the immediate and future relevance of the District's curriculum for all students.